Research Objectives :
The current research is aimed in the preparation and application of hybrid scaffold of human fibroblast-derived matrix (hFDM) and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) hydrogel (PVA/hFDM) for bone tissue engineering.
Research Contents :
The contents of this research plan are divided into three categories: material preparation and characterizations, in vitro investigation, and in vivo study.
(1) Material preparation and characterizations
- Production of PVA/hFDM scaffold.
- Scaffold characterizations (gross image, SEM, confocal microscope, and FT-IR).
(2) In vitro investigations
- Stem cell behaviors (cell viability, proliferation, and morphology).
- Stem cell differentiation (osteogenesis and its evaluation).
(3) In vivo study
- Fabrication of bone defect model (cranial defect model in rat).
- Bone regeneration and evaluations (histology and µCT).